Niagara College Canada offers a one-year Graduate Certificate in Ecological Restoration.
In today’s highly industrialized world, the need to restore and manage disturbed ecosystems is receiving more and more attention.
Earn this graduate certificate and secure a competitive advantage in the environmental labour market including conservation authorities; municipal, provincial and federal government agencies; NGOs; engineering and consulting firms.
Opportunities for graduates include:
- Ecological restoration practitioner
- Environmental manager
- Habitat biologist
- Natural heritage specialist
- Watershed stewardship coordinator
- Species at risk, invasives management specialist
The Ecosystem Restoration program builds on university/college graduate education with a hands-on, boot-on focus:
- Students participate in community based, year-long ecological restoration projects
- Intensive training in field techniques, project management and communication skills
- Our Program Advisory Committee has representatives from sectors involved in the planning, implementation, regulation and promotion of ecological restoration activities
- Program Advisory Committee actively participate in program outline review, advise on industry trends and offer a link to career options
- Program is located on a unique ecological campus, which includes the Wetland Ridge Trail and part of the Niagara Escarpment
- Biomonitoring, bioengineering and plant material management training supported by greenhouses, nurseries and a full complement of field equipment