Vacant for almost four decades, plans are now afoot to repurpose a derelict Catholic Church in south Belfast, Northern Ireland into a restaurant.
Opened in 1898 and closed in 1980, the landmark Holy Rosary Church served the Catholic population of south Belfast for over 80 years.
While the exact details of the redevelopment project are unclear, it is understood the 4,500 square foot building will be transformed into a dining establishment.
If successful, this new use should have a revitalizing effect on the neighborhood, which has watched this unproductive property deteriorate for far too long.
Photo credit: Stone Database.