The LA River Revitalization Corporation seeks a Development Manager in Los Angeles, California.
Reporting to the Director of External Affairs, who oversees government relations and Major Gifts fundraising with the Executive Director, the Development Manager will maintain a donor database and tracking system, and ensure that these systems integrate well with other fundraising initiatives. The Development Manager will also support donor engagement efforts and events as well as handle research, writing and reporting out to donor program leads.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand the mission, programs and projects of the LA River Corp and determine relevant prospective donors;
- Work with the team to create donor management policies that address all types of donors and prospects and incorporates small donors who surface through events;
- Implement a donor database that will meet the organization’s needs for the next three to five years;
- Handle all donor data management (donor records, pledge and payment data entry, updating, and reports);
- Train peers on basic usage of the database and gifts processing systems;
- Prioritize donor relations efforts to keep multiple discussions moving in a timely manner to ultimately meet donor deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals;
- Manage the grants calendar for private donors: drafting, assembling and submitting LOIs, grant requests and grant reports for these donors (in partnership with the Grant-Writer handling institutional fundraising efforts);
- Communicate altered timeframes, milestones, and payment schedules to appropriate LARRC staff (Operations, Accounting, Communications, etc.);
- Help Director of External Affairs and Executive Director to develop budgets to support requests to private donors;
- Assist with scheduling, staffing and follow-up to meetings with donors and prospects;
- Manage time effectively and independently, holding oneself accountable in a results-driven work environment;
- Perform special projects as needed.
Start date: September 1, 2015
Application deadline: July 31, 2015
[Image credit: LARRMP]